Norway RescueTrip 2023!
2:8 Trainer to Learner Ratio
5-9th February 2023
The Norway RescueTrip is the second of our overseas professional development sessions for qualified rescue technicians. The workshops are designed to fill the gap between the usual three yearly requalification cycles as well as provide a platform for like-minded technicians to share knowledge in an exciting and challenging environment.
To enquire about this workshop, please contact us or call 01323 872308
Dates and Format
The workshop will be from the 5th-9th of February 2023
Consisting of day and evening workshops as well as time for ice climbing and/or skiing. An airport shuttle will be provided from Olso Gardermoen airport on the 4th of Feb PM and back to the airport on the 10th of Feb AM.
The workshop will be based in Rjukan, Norway, a deep valley steeped in ice falls and history. Rjukan is the site of the famous Norwegian resistance sabotage of the Vemork Norsk Hydro plant during the Second World War and is arguably one of best ice climbing destinations in the world.
Cost and What's Included
The workshop cost is £550 ex VAT which includes:
• Airport transfer both ways on 4th and 10th of Feb 2023
• Transport each day
• Tuition from experienced technical rescue instructors and ice climbers
• Small group size limited to 8, 1:4 instructor ratio
• Latest research and thinking on Dyneema, Technora, low diameter cordage and lightweight rigging
• Lightweight artificial high directionals with the SMC Vector Edge Management System
• Three full days rescue and rigging out on the ice; one of the days with a local mountain rescue team, depending on availability
• Three evening workshops on knotcraft, rigging and low diameter systems; one of the workshops with local mountain rescue team members, depending on availability
• Latest specialist ice and technical rescue equipment
• 20% discount on personal technical kit during the month before and after the trip
• International Technical Rescue Association certificate of attendance for your CPD records
To confirm a place on the workshop payment in full is required within 30 days of your booking. The medical declaration must be completed, signed and returned along with an up to date CV including your contact details and any relevant qualifications. This is to ensure the safety of participants and to gauge the experience of the group to maximise learning and knowledge sharing opportunities.
On completion you will receive an International Technical Rescue Association (ITRA) Certificate of Attendance.